GRAVEDIGGER V

GRAVEDIGGER V

Friday, September 7, 2012






     Since I have been receiving numerous requests for the lyrics of "My Friend The Bird", I have procrastinated on writing them out. So today I am going to try to the best of my ability to remember them. If you need a translation from English to whatever you speak , that's on you , unless you want it in Spanish or Japanese.
     Just a side note, when i wrote this song in 1984 I was a little apprehensive about it. Up until then all the songs i had composed where pretty much primitive 2 to 3 chord garage punk songs. This was kind of my first try at writing a slower and different kind of song. I remember using Q65 ( the Dutch band ) as kind of a role model for this song.
   To my surprise "My Friend The Bird " turned out to be one of the most popular "Morlock" songs even to this day.

                                  MY FRIEND THE  BIRD

   Siting, in the smallest house in the neighborhood
     clutching a frame of despair
   Reach, in my empty pocket for the money i spent
     when I was happy , talking about my friend the bird , who just flew out of my mind.
   I climbed on his back and flew away, to a place much better than this.
    We never worried about anything, and I never thought of you , no, no, no, no
   I never thought of you.
              My friend the bird , well he flew away . . .
              My friend the bird , never to return . . .
  I climbed on his back and flew away , to a place where his friends where mine
    no track of time we we're so happy, and i never thought of you, no, no, no, no,
    I never thought of you.
             My friend the bird , well he flew away
             My friend the bird, never to return
   A girl , down the street shot him in the head, a real bad, bad, drug
     I picked him up and put him in a box, buried in the yard , talking bout my friend the bird , who just flew out of my mind.
   I climbed on his back and flew away , to a place much better than this. We never worried about anything, and I never thought of you, no,no,no,no , I never thought of you . . .
          My friend the bird, well he flew away
          My friend the bird, never to return . . .
  _______________________________________________________________________________

                                                  ---- Leighton Koizumi
Now your going ask me what it's about i bet . . ..

***This song has "backward masking" on it . I swear to god , can you figure out what it's saying.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brother,
    "My Friend The Bird" help me to keep my dreams on.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes it all worth while !!!!
    Muchas Gracias

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I wrote the music, you wrote the words. And I changed a line. I have the original piece of paper we worked on, you bastard! And the original demo. Glad to see you're hanging in there and rockin', buddy. Much love back at ya. If you'd like a scan of the original, hit me up. And, yes, it was Q65 inspired. Still listening to those fuckers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bastard . . . Would love to see you !! How long has it been? Come over to España for a Holiday !!!

    ReplyDelete